Give your taste buds a treat with this fantastic date balls recipe
A quick and easy recipe for date balls which is perfect for those wanting a little more Vegan Power Meal in their everyday life. The date balls are ideal to take with you to the gym, and they’re easy to share with your training partner. In addition to this, the date balls are a good source of dietary fibre: 7.3 g dietary fibre per 100g.
In order to make these delicious date balls, you need a mini-chopper, blender or similar, and a kitchen scale. Preparation time is around 20 minutes.
Show us your creative abilities! Tag @Bodymealcopenhagen #Bodymealcreative in your posts.
This recipe has been developed by Kara Prins
(Per 100 g.)
- Energy: 255,8 kcal
- Protein: 16,1 g
- Carbohydrate: 27,6 g
- Of which sugar: 19,5 g
- Fat: 6,9 g
- Of which saturated Fat: 4,6 g
- Salt: 0,1 g
- Dietary Fibre: 7,3 g
100 g date balls contains 20.9 g Vegan Power Meal, which corresponds to ~75 % of a portion of Vegan Power Meal
- 1 Vegan Power Meal 02 Vanilla (other flavours can also be used)
- 10 pitted dates
- 10 g oatmeal
- 10 g desiccated coconut
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tsp. cocoa powder
- 42 g water
- Cocoa powder, chopped almonds, coconut flakes or similar to roll the balls in
- Cut the dates into small pieces.
- Blend the dates, oatmeal, desiccated coconut, Vegan Power Meal, cinnamon and cocoa into a reasonably uniform mixture.
- Then mix in all the water.
- Shape the balls into a suitable size and roll them in cocoa powder, chopped almonds, coconut flakes or oatmeal.
- Put the rolled date balls into an airtight container and place in the refrigerator so that they keep for longer.
YOUR PERSONAL TOUCH
- Adjust the amount of cinnamon and cocoa to match your mood.
- Add Matcha powder to give the date balls an attractive green appearance.
- Do you love coffee? Then add a little instant coffee to the water before it’s mixed with the remaining ingredients to give you delicious date balls with a delightful coffee flavour.
Remember! Keep the date balls in the fridge, where they’ll last for a week – if you can keep your hands off them for so long!